The United States has a long and glad history of inviting settlers to its shores. The number of individuals conceded legal changeless residency in the United States has floated directly around 1 million every year for as far back as barely any years, as per the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Immigration Statistics. On the off chance that you wish to be one of them, this guide is for you.
Green Card holders “otherwise called perpetual occupants” are individuals given the position to live and work in the United States for all time. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) gives confirmation of this status through a changeless occupant card called a green card.
Green Cards earned their epithet since they were shaded green somewhere in the range of 1946 and 1964. They were made green again in 2010, however, the Green Card moniker endured, even as the cards were hued blue, yellow, and pink.
How to apply for a green card?
The means you should take to apply for a Green Card will differ contingent upon your individual circumstance. In any case, here is the general application process that most candidates will experience:
Somebody normally should record an outsider request for you (regularly alluded to as supporting or appealing to you). Now and again, you might be qualified to petition for yourself.
After USCIS endorses the settler appeal, and there is a visa accessible in your classification, you record either a Green Card application with USCIS or a visa application with the U.S. Branch of State.
- You go to a biometrics arrangement to give fingerprints, photographs, and a mark.
- You go to a meeting.
- You get a choice on your application.
- The most effective method to turn into a lasting inhabitant (green card holder)
- There are a couple of various ways you may turn into a green card holder:
- Sponsorship by a relative in the United States.
- Sponsorship by a business’ idea of changeless work in the United States or through your very own enterprise.
- Through accomplishing evacuee or asylee status or through another helpful program.
- What’s more, now and again you might be qualified to petition for yourself, otherwise called applying for a green card through self-request.
To fit the statement for a green card, you should meet the accompanying prerequisites:
- You should have a place with one of the outsider classifications set up in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
- You should have a passing migrant request recorded and endorsed for you (with a couple of exemptions).
- There must be a migrant visa promptly accessible for you.
- You should be acceptable to the United States.
- Accessible migrant classes
- Occupation or business based
- In view of evacuee or haven status
Significant: Some candidates can apply through different classes on the double. It is known as the simultaneous recording of Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status; visit the USCIS site to check whether you fit the bill to document simultaneously.